- Date:Sat 6 Jul, 2019Time:7:30pmVenue:St Martins Church, SalisburyAve Verum Corpus - W. A. MozartEvening Hymn - H. Balfour GardinerFive Mystical Songs - R. Vaughan WilliamsHugh Hetherington - BaritoneINTERVALRequiem - W.A.MozartCamilla Harris - SopranoOlympia Hetherington - Mezzo-SopranoXavier Hetherington - TenorGuy Pelly - BassStephen Abbott - ConductorSam Hanson - Piano/Organ
- Date:Sat 1 Jun, 2019Time:5:30pmVenue:Chichester Cathedral, The Royal Chantry, Cathedral Cloisters, Chichester PO19 1PX
- Date:Fri 19 Apr, 2019Time:7:00pmVenue:All Saints Church Whiteparish
St John Singers will be performing their annual, Good Friday, Stainer's Crucifixion under their musical director Stephen Abbott at a service to mark the opening of the Whiteparish Festival. David Coram, organist, Morley Beswick will be the tenor soloist and Robert Blakey the bass.
- Date:Sat 16 Mar, 2019Time:7:30pmVenue:Salisbury Methodist Church, St Edmund's Church St, Salisbury SP1 1EF
Folk Songs and Sacred Choral Favourites is in Salisbury Methodist Church in St Edmund’s Church Street on Saturday 16th March at 7.30pm. Our guest performers will be the Close Consort of Recorders directed by Alison Cameron.
The folk songs will include Chilcott’s arrangement of the Londonderry Air, Linden Lea, and Loch Lomond, while the anthems include Gardiner’s Evening Hymn and Wesley’s stirring Blessed be the God and Father. The Methodist church is particularly warm and comfortable and, to match this, we are including home made cakes and coffee/tea in the interval, rather than our usual, warming wine. It will be a lovely evening, ending at about 9.30pm.
- Date:Sat 5 Jan, 2019Venue:Salisbury Cathedral
St John Singers will be singing at the Cathedral services on Saturday and Sunday 5/6th of January
- Date:Wed 19 Dec, 2018Time:7:30pmVenue:St Thomas's Church, Salisbury
LocationSt John Singers popular Christmas Concert. The programme includes carols for the audience, heartily accompanied by the amazing David Coram and trumpeter Martin Ings. Interval wine and mince pies will be served with plenty of time to chat to choir and friends. The guest soloist this year is Lucinda Cox who will join Martin Ings to include Bach's Jauchzet in her programme. The concert is being held with, and is in support of, the John McNeill Opportunity Centre - South Wiltshire's only specialist nursery for children with disabilities and difficulties.
- Date:Sat 3 Nov, 2018Time:6:30pmVenue:Museum of Army Flying, Middle Wallop
This will be a very special Remembrance occasion with an emphasis on the centenary of the end of WWI. Doors will open at 6.30 pm to allow guests to view the museum exhibits, with a glass of wine if they wish. At 7.30pm St John Singers will give a short concert of specially chosen music and readings, by John Pitt-Brooke and Zoe Fletcher, in amongst the museum's unique collection of air frames, vehicles, and fascinating personal and military memorabilia. Entry is only £5. Tickets may be bought online from the Museum of Army Flying, from choir members, or on the door.
- Date:Sat 7 Jul, 2018Time:7:30pmVenue:Salisbury Cathedral
St John Singers will be singing in a Concert of Peace and Reconciliation with Her Majesty's Band of the Scots Guards at this major charity event. The compere will be Alistair Stewart, and proceeds will be split between the British Legion and the Cathedral.
- Date:Sat 2 Jun, 2018Time:7:30pmVenue:St Thomas's Church, Salisbury
A concert of mainly madrigal style music from across all ages. The church will be decorated with flowers from the festival and interval drinks will be provided. Proceeds will go to the Church Restoration Fund.
- Date:Sat 19 May, 2018Time:7:30pmVenue:Downton Parish Church
St John Singers are delighted to visit Downton, to sing in the beautiful parish church of St Laurence and raise money for the Organ Fund. With John Rutter’s Birthday Madrigals the centrepiece, this concert also includes English and French madrigals, a selection of spirituals from around the world and (with a nod to the royal wedding) Parry’s celebratory anthem “I was glad” and a glass of festive bubbles!
We look forward to welcoming you!