TEA IN CHICHESTER DEANERY GARDEN BEFORE EVENSONG
We have had an interesting and varied 2018 Season ending with the choir participating in a major British Legion Charity Concert, "The Angel and the Fallen", with her Majesty's Band of the Scots Guards and compered by Alastair Stewart, in the Cathedral.
- Our November Remembrance Concert at the Museum of Army Flying was both moving and enjoyable, a lovely mix of emotive choral music and readings, with the audience joining in the singing of hymns and 1WW songs.
- The Magic of Christmas, our major annual concert, was in support of the John McNeill Opportunity Centre. With their help, and the generosity of a 300 strong audience, we had a wonderful evening of music, wine and mince pies. The concert made £3,600 for the JMOC.
- Our recent Folk Song and Choral Classics evening was very much enjoyed by the audience, not least because of the abundant home made cakes. Almost £895 was raised for the Salvation Army and the wonderful work that they do.
- Stainer's Crucifixion on Good Friday at Whiteparish was a very moving service with superb singing from our own Rob Blakey and Morley Beswick, sensitively accompanied by Chris Fay on the organ. £650 was collected for the Church after the service.
- On Saturday June 1st we sang Evensong at Chichester Cathedral and had a fantastic welcome from our old friends, Dean Stephen and Lizzie Waine. The weather was glorious in the beautiful deanery garden and we sang in a wonderful acoustic. It was lovely to see our President, Dr Richard Seal, there to support us.
We were all devastated by the recent death of our brilliant accompanist, David Coram and our 6th July Concert, the Mozart Requiem will be in his memory.